Pulled pork stuffed peppers might be our new favorite dinner!!
You guys. These are SO flavorful. Super easy, if you have leftover pulled pork. Perfect to make for a crowd or just dinner for a few. Great to prep ahead of time, very customizable, super satisfying and delicious.
What else do we even need?!
They are definitely going in our dinner rotation. I am not sure why I never thought to stuff peppers with pulled pork before and I’m kicking myself for waiting so long.
Are you someone who believes in the magic and good luck of pulled pork for the new year?
I’m not really a believer… but I’m a huge believer in pork so that counts. It’s my favorite cut of meat by far. Obviously.
I find that this recipe works best with leftover pulled pork. Not because of the flavor or anything, but because pulled pork takes such a long time to cook and I wouldn’t make it JUST for this recipe. If you have leftover pulled pork, you’re more than half way there.
And I wanted some sort of sauce to make these more flavorful – and they were calling for something other than plain pork placed in a sliced pepper. So into the blender went my favorite fire roasted tomatoes and I created a sauce from that. It was freaking fantastic. Not only did I want to eat the sauce with a spoon, it added SO much to the pepper.
If you end up with a bit of leftover sauce, you could also spread it in a baking dish and bake the peppers IN the sauce. Um yes.
How good does that sound!?
Now the best part about these is that you can use the mini peppers and stuff them for an appetizer, or you can use regular bell peppers and stuff those for dinner!
Cutest and most festive too!
Pulled Pork Stuffed Peppers
Pulled Pork Stuffed Peppers
These pulled pork stuffed peppers are a delicious dinner idea for any weeknight! They work great with leftover pulled pork and the filling is totally customizable. They are flavorful, come together quickly and always a crowd pleaser!
- 4 bell peppers, (sliced in half, seeds removed)
- 3 cups pulled pork
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, (minced)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- As a note, I almost always make pulled pork in my slow cooker! I season the pork with salt and pepper, sear it on all sides until brown, then cook it on low with ½ cup of beer or so for about 8 to 12 hours. You can see my exact recipe here.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove the seeds and inside stems of the peppers. Fill the peppers with 1/3 to ½ cup pulled pork (or as much as you wish!). Sprinkle on some of the tomatoes and diced onion.
Place the tomatoes in a blender and puree until smooth. Blend in the cream, sugar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper until combined. Spoon the mixture over top of the pork in the pepper. Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake the peppers for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Sprinkle of fresh parsley (or your favorite herb!) and serve immediately.
- You can do this with the mini snacking peppers too! I do the exact same thing, the portions you add into the pepper are just smaller. You can bake for less time too – more like 15ish minutes.
Melty cheese and caramelized peppers are all I want in life right now.